This is a joint webinar together with analyst firm KuppingerCole.
Controlling access to databases can be anything between complex, performance-breaking and not fine-grained enough. In this webinar we will explore new approaches to this challenge and how they tackle frequent performance and security issues.
The more information is available to and shared with those who are authorized to access it, the more business value it can create. Reducing barriers to information access therefore offers an immediate business effect, as more information can be made available to more users. However when it comes to information residing in databases, it can be hard to follow this simple business value equation. SQL queries most of the time deliver much more data than the requesting party actually would need, with filtering rules then being inflexibly and often insecurely hard-coded into a performance nightmare.
Where traditional Database security, which is focused on the database and not its contents, doesn’t bring us any further, adaptive and policy based access is proposing a significant step forward in the way how we can share database content to authorized users.
- How to optimize business value by secure information sharing
- How to reduce business access barriers
- How to implement dynamic filtering and data masking rules to deliver only the content the requesting party really needs
- How to deliver adaptive and policy based access
- How to share database content to authorized users