This solution brief is an overview on how Attribute-Based Access Control (ABAC) brings security and agility to the API infrastructure.
APIs have revolutionized the way we exchange data and have become the preferred method for exposing data to external parties. However, APIs that handle sensitive data pose security and data access control threats, and therefore require advanced security solutions.
- Expose data via APIs securely
- Enable efficient reuse of sensitive information assets
- Enforce policy-based authorization aligned with business rules
- Extend the authorization capabilities of API Gateways
- Remove the need to re-code individual applications when corporate policies change
- Use industry standard extension with external API Gateways and in-house solutions