Efficient processing and sharing of information is essential in every organization. However, security often fails. This typically leads to either of two scenarios:
- Data is locked away rather than being shared among colleagues and partners, which seriously reduces efficiency and/or results in loss of business.
- Access to data is opened up for too many users, which can be a serious breach of the law.
Securely sharing records that include or refer to personally identifiable information (PII) represent a special challenge, as legal constraints differ between countries. In other words the complex issues for organizations operating nationally, such as a governmental agency, are multiplied for multinationals.
In this webinar we will look at how Axiomatics database security capabilities enable organizations to dynamically filter out relevant data from large data stores, based on a user’s purpose of use and authorization, and thus resolve privacy data sharing issues.
- Authorization requirements for existing privacy regulations
- New regulations such as the planned EU Data Protection reform; what can we expect?
- Examples: filtering of large data sets based on authorization policies as a means to achieve regulatory compliance