The Axiomatics Policy Server 5.0 - White Paper
With the release of the Axiomatics Policy Server 5.0, Axiomatics introduces an new key component in its XACML-based authorization solution. The Axomatics Services Manager (ASM) is a web-based graphical user interface. Administrators use it to deploy, configure and monitor Policy Decision Points (PDP) from a central point.
While previous versions of the Axiomatics Policy Server (APS) product already were acknowledged as leading in the field of XACML-based authorization, the new release takes fine-grained and dynamic authorization to a new level. The highly componentized, service-oriented and distributed authorization framework, aligned with the XACML reference architecture, has been wrapped with a management interface that automates and simplifies a lot of the "plumbing" that the deployment of an attribute based access control solution requires.
Axiomatics Policy Server (APS) 5.0 thereby helps organizations to fully leverage the power of XACML enterprise-wide for in-house deployments or in the cloud. Among the new things in version 5.0 the following may be worth noting:
- Multiple Policy Decision Points (PDP) can be managed in PDP Groups which share the same configurations and policies.
- A centrally maintained Attribute Dictionary helps establishing corporate standards and constraints for attributes
- Attribute sources can be defined with Policy Information Point (PIP) configurations via a graphical user interface
- For policy authoring, the new version of APS offers two different types of Policy Administration Points (PAP).
- A comprehensive graphical user interface with built-in request simulation and policy evaluation debugging tools
- An Eclipse Plugin which uses the Axiomatics Language for Authorization (ALFA)
The white paper gives a complete overview of the Axiomatics Policy Server (APS) 5.0 product and how it supports the XACML standard.
If you do not have an account yet,
click here to register.